We are looking for an experienced and dynamic Senior Software Developer to be part of our specialist team that will be dedicated to designing, developing and implementing solutions on our current and next generation projects.
You will work in an agile environment, based in our Stirling office, with other highly skilled people who are passionate about technology and delivering results.
What you’ll be responsible for as part of our team
- Write well-designed, testable code
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems
- Deploy updates and evaluate system stability
- Ensure all security requirements are met
What are we looking for?
- A minimum of 5 years experience with design and implementation of large and complex software systems.
- Proven work experience as a Software Developer in a senior position
- Ability to develop software in PHP, Python (3.6) and other programming languages
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases (MySQL), with a solid understanding of performance and optimization
- Experience developing web applications using modern web frameworks
- Experience with test-driven development
- Experience with CI/CD environments, particularly in the cloud
- Experience with AWS technologies and the Well Architected Framework
- Proficiency in software engineering tools (Git, CI/CD pipelines, Docker, Virtual Machines)
- Ability to document requirements and specifications
- Experience with leading projects
- Experience with 3rd party technical and non-technical contacts
- Travel may be required