We’re looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Senior PHP Developer to join our Technology Team which sits at the heart of our business, playing an integral role in ensuring the ongoing maintenance and development of a platform that enables our customers to send in excess of a million videos per month!
Your experience and hands on approach to coding will make a massive difference as you join a small and friendly team where attention to details and a positive and practical attitude is key.
What does the role entail?
- Writing well-designed, testable code
- Producing specifications and determining operational feasibility
- Integrating software components into a fully functional software system
- Documenting and maintaining software functionality
- Troubleshooting, debugging and upgrading existing systems
- Deploying updates and evaluating system stability
- Ensuring all security requirements are met
- Design and implementation of large and complex software systems (a minimum of 5 years experience)
What kind of person are we looking for?
It is essential that you have experience of working within a large high availability system in an agile environment. With responsibility for rebuilding our customer facing apps, we are looking for a candidate who is proficient in MySQL and has experience working with PHP 5.3. Whilst experience of Python is advantageous, the successful candidate should have had reasonable exposure to AWS and back end technologies.
- Proven work experience as a Software Developer in a senior position
- Experience in large scale systems
- Ability to develop software in PHP (5.3), Python (3.6+) and other programming languages
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases (MySQL), with a solid understanding of performance and optimization
- Experience developing web applications using modern web frameworks
- Experience with test-driven development
- Experience with CI/CD environments, particularly in the cloud
- Experience with AWS technologies and the Well Architected Framework
- Proficiency in software engineering tools (Git, CI/CD pipelines, Docker, Virtual Machines)
- Ability to document requirements and specifications
As a senior member of the team you will also be responsible for supporting your wider colleagues, with ownership of defining your tasks and seeing them through to production.
Why work for us?
Providing solutions to our customers isn’t possible unless we have a world class team. Luckily, we do. We have some of the industry’s brightest minds working here.
As well as offering an exciting working environment, and colleagues that will inspire you, we offer our employees an industry leading benefits package.