What does the role entail?
Assisting in the development, administration and operations of the CitNOW cloud-based infrastructure; working alongside developers in providing the infrastructure element of projects; supporting the tech-ops team and designing and developing tools, utilities systems using various tools; performing routine tasks and providing global infrastructure support along with the rest of the DevOps team.
Due to the nature of the work and the need for systems maintenance or project implementations outside normal working hours, the post holder will also be expected to occasionally participate in out-of-hours work (for which overtime will be paid).
Watch this short video to find out more about what it’s like to work here!
What kind of person are we looking for?
- Minimum of five years industry experience
- Understanding and experience of the key parts of AWS infrastructure and applications (EC2,VPC, RDS/Aurora, Lambda, S3, IAM etc.)
- Knowledge of Development processes and concepts.
- Understanding of Terraform (Terragrunt useful)
- Familiarity with Git (and Gitlab would be useful)
- Good scripting language skills (Shell, Python but PHP or Ruby may be useful)
- Good understanding of Linux system fundamentals and administration
- Working knowledge of Database Administration. (MySQL)
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and oral
- Must be able to work remotely and on own initiative
- Problem solving ability
Why work for us?
Providing solutions to our customers isn’t possible unless we have a world class team. Luckily, we do. We have some of the industry’s brightest minds working here.
As well as offering an exciting working environment, and colleagues that will inspire you, we offer our employees an industry leading benefits package.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply through LinkedIn.