We are looking for a Junior Product Designer to join our growing product team here at CitNOW. The Junior Product Designer will join as an enthusiastic and dedicated designer who wants to work on a range of products that have been and continue to revolutionise how the automotive industry communicates with its customers for over a decade. The primary focus will be our mobile apps which have just had their biggest update ever. With our customers at the heart of this update it will be a priority to continue to research and experiment through design to deliver the best digital experiences possible in an interface that is robust and easy to maintain. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is important.
For this position we require applicants to have had some industry experience at a similar level or who have recently graduated in a relevant field of study with a good portfolio of work for us to review.
- Collaborating with Designers, Product Owners and Engineers to improve on and maintain the high standards of our ever expanding, and feature rich products.
- Creating features for products that are used around the world (translated into >20 languages) across multiple devices and platforms. Our apps are available on both iOS and Android so being able to create the best user experience across both platforms is essential.
- While a key part of the role will be focussed on our mobile apps, the role is also responsible for working closely with the Product Team on our dashboard and influencing its features too.
- Taking user feedback, internal conversations and developer constraints into consideration when researching and experimenting with new feature designs.
- Presenting design concepts and deliverables in an agile working environment.
Knowledge and Skills:
- A solid understanding of the basic principles of design and confident in using colour, typography and iconography.
- Experience with design software like Balsamiq for rapid prototyping and Adobe Creative Suite in particular Adobe XD to create more pixel perfect prototypes to be used for user testing and as design specifications for the engineers.
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple design projects at any time.
- Communication: writes clearly and concisely, speaks effectively and listens attentively.
- Interpersonal Skills: enthusiastic with a can-do attitude, works well with others, supportive, motivates and cooperates with others.
- Organisational Skills: punctual and attentive, high levels of attention to detail.
- Problem Analysis: ability to understand the main problem, identify the potential causes and propose solutions.
- Teamwork: ability to participate and contribute to the overall effectiveness of the information systems throughout the organisation
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.