What does the role entail?
The primary function of this position is to assist in the systems administration and operations of the CitNOW infrastructure, providing support and developing tools and utilities and configuration management systems, supporting developers and tech-ops personnel with such things as local VMs and VPN connectivity. It would also include an introduction to DevOps methods and culture as the infrastructure evolves to using AWS cloud based serverless technologies.
Due to the nature of the work and the need for systems maintenance or project implementations outside normal working hours, the post holder will also be expected to occasionally participate in out-of-hours work (for which overtime will be paid).
Watch this short video to find out more about what it’s like to work here!
What kind of person are we looking for?
- Minimum of two years industry experience
- Good understanding of Linux system administration
- Good working knowledge of database administration (MySQL)
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP networking
- Bash Shell Scripting (Python a bonus)
- Any experience of working with AWS Cloud, particularly EC2 instances, is a major bonus.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and oral
- Must be able to work remotely and on own initiative
- Problem solving ability
Why work for us?
Providing solutions to our customers isn’t possible unless we have a world class team. Luckily, we do. We have some of the industry’s brightest minds working here.
As well as offering an exciting working environment, and colleagues that will inspire you, we offer our employees an industry leading benefits package.