We are looking for an established Front-end Team Lead or Senior Front-end Developer who is ready to step up into a leadership role. The Front-end Team take responsibility for delivering functionality on our new ReactJS-based platform interface, as well as owning the more traditional aspects of front-end on the wider platform.
CitNOW is an automotive SaaS product used globally, handling between 1-2 million videos per month. This is an exciting opportunity to join the Engineering Team as we look to further grow the use of the platform and further modernise the UI following the rollout of the new next-generation dashboard project in October 2023.
The ideal candidate is passionate about front-end development, an agile native and well-versed at delivering software at scale. We’re passionate about collaboration, test automation and quality.
- Lead and inspire a team of Front-end Developers, fostering a culture of collaboration, innovation, and excellence
- Set clear goals, provide guidance, and conduct performance reviews to ensure team members meet their potential
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams to align development efforts with overall project goals
- Serve as a mentor and role model for team members, providing guidance and support in their career development
- Drive the technical direction of front-end development, with a strong focus on technologies like ReactJS and testing frameworks like Cypress
- Create elegant and maintainable code, utilising methodologies like BEM to drive consistency and predictability
- Collaborate with Product Owners to ensure technical solutions align with business objectives
- Collaborate and support Product Owners in running agile ceremonies and conducting refinement sessions
- Stay updated with industry best practices and emerging technologies to guide the team in making informed technical decisions
- Ensure code quality and adherence to best practices, conducting code reviews and implementing coding standards
- Implement and maintain automated testing processes using Cypress and other tools to guarantee the reliability and stability of applications
- Champion a culture of continuous improvement in coding and development processes, with a strong focus on test automation
Knowledge & Skills:
- Familiarity with CSS methodologies, such as BEM and frameworks such as SASS
- Demonstrated experience with ReactJS or similar frameworks (e.g., Vue, Ember, Angular, Backbone)
- Experience with React UI libraries such as PrimeReact
- Strong expertise in working with RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with GraphQL is advantageous
- Team leadership and management skills
- Experience in Agile development, preferably Scrum, Kanban, or Scrumban
- Proficiency in test automation, particularly with Cypress, but knowledge of other testing frameworks like Mocha, Jest, Selenium, or Puppeteer is valuable
- Basic exposure to programming languages like PHP for assisting with core platform view implementations is a plus
- Knowledge of tools like NX for interacting with the monorepo is advantageous
- Back-end Engineering Team
- App Engineering Team
- Product Team
- Design Team
In addition to a competitive salary, our benefits package is second to none. Employee wellbeing is at the heart of our people strategy, with a number of innovative wellness initiatives such as flexi-time, where employees can vary their start and finish times within our core business hours and/or extend their lunch break by up to 2 hours per day. Employees also benefit from an additional two half days paid leave per year to focus on their personal wellbeing.
We recognise the development of our people is vital to the ongoing success of the business and proudly promote a culture of continuous learning and improvement, along with opportunities to develop and progress a successful career with us.
The CitNOW Group is an equal opportunities employer that celebrates diversity across our international teams. We are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace where everyone’s individuality is valued.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.