We are recruiting for a varied full-time or part-time role to assist the Finance Manager – International Markets, primarily focussing on the monthly reporting of our German subsidiary company. This includes the book-keeping functions, month end journals and assistance with the management information pack.
This role will also involve liaison with our credit controller to assist with debt collection for our German speaking customers. There will also be some ad hoc duties in assisting the wider Finance team particularly with our smaller Nordic and Benelux entities.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Accounts payable
- Checking and processing invoices, to include consideration of international VAT
- Ensuring all suppliers are paid to terms
- Preparing weekly payment runs for approval by country directors
- Employee expenses checking and processing
- Accounts receivable
- Credit control – chase over-due debt (primarily via email and sending of statements)
- Monitoring and reporting debtor days
- Allocating cash
- Bank Reconciliations
What are we looking for?
- Fluent in German and English
- The successful candidate will ideally be either AAT qualified, Part Qualified, studying, an experienced Book-keeper or QBE.
- Strong excel and analytical skills, combined with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- A cheerful disposition, with a “hands on”, “can do” attitude
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Setting up on-line payments
- Dealing with queries from all relevant stakeholders
- Liaising with local external service providers to ensure payroll, taxes and other payments are made by due dates
- Calculation of accruals, prepayments and depreciation
- Posting payroll, tax, intercompany and other journals
- Assisting with the month end process and helping prepare the management information pack
- Assisting with VAT queries
- Ad hoc duties to support Finance Manager – International Markets and the local overseas teams, primarily in Germany