Transaction processing in order ensure the smooth running of the Finance function. Core involvement in managing the Accounts Payables and Accounts Receivables ledgers. A number of basic office duties.
- Ensure accuracy in coding and processing of all purchase invoices and credit notes
- Downloading and processing invoices from online portals
- Process credit card statements
- Supplier reconciliations
- Checking and processing expenses
- Setting up new suppliers
- Processing customer Direct Debits
- Assisting the credit controller in daily duties, sending customer statements where required
- Assisting the wider finance team in duties, involvement in overseas transactional work may be required at times
- Customer and supplier queries
- Managing the accounts generic inbox
- Opening the post
- Paying in cheques
- Any other ad hoc tasks required
This is a varied role in the finance department. On the job training and coaching will be provided where required.
- Ordering supplies for office
- Communicating with Office suppliers when needed
- Maintenance and upkeep of the office
Knowledge & Skills
- Understanding of Microsoft Office Packages (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Proficient in Excel (formulas essential, vlookups, pivot tables desirable)
- Attention to detail
- Communication: writes clearly and concisely, speaks effectively and listens attentively.
- Interpersonal Skills: enthusiastic with a can-do attitude, works well with others, supportive, motivates and cooperates with others.
- Organisational Skills: punctual and attentive, high levels of attention to detail.
- Problem Analysis: ability to understand the main problem, identify the potential causes and propose solutions.
- Teamwork: ability to participate and contribute to the overall effectiveness of the information systems throughout the organisation
All of Finance team; Global Sales Operations team, cost centre managers throughout the business